It was so fun to crochet these cute Crochet Baby Booties. All you need is to free one hour of your time.
Read below to find out how to make the complete set with the matching dress, headband, and hat for your little baby girl…
These cute crochet baby shoes are a part of a complete baby girl set. You can find the matching crochet baby dress here.
Or you can purchase the add-free PDF on Etsy Here.
I first crocheted the dress (here you can read the whole crochet set story), and I then designed the shoes off the top of my head. I just wanted them (obviously) to match the dress to complete the set, and I came with these cute little booties, I’m pretty happy with the result.
As for the yarn, I’ve used worsted #4 weight yarn as I do for many of my projects.
These tiny 1-hour baby girl booties are so sweet, and it gets even better when you know that they work up so fast that you can make a few of these in a single afternoon.
Save it to Pinterest!
These baby boots – or even better if you choose to crochet the complete baby dress set – will definitely make a perfect baby shower gift.
I’ve used basic crochet stitches, the single, double crochet, and hdc stitches. They are perfect for beginners.
Skill level: Easy/Medium
0-3 months 3.5 mm hook size = 9 cm.
3-6 months 4 mm hook size = 10 cm.
6-9 months 4.5 mm hook size = 11.5 cm.
9-12 months 5 mm hook size = 12.7 cm.
Materials / Supplies:
- Crochet hook size
- Yarn: wool or cotton in any color (50g). (I used wool yarn HiMALAYA EVERYDAY, 100% Acrylic / 100 g, 250 mt, 273 yards, 3.5 oz, color Pink Red color and OF OFF White color).
- Stitch markers (for beginners).
- Tape measure
- Yarn needle
- ch – chain.
- st/sts – stitch/stitches.
- sl st – slip stitch (Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over and pull through both the stitch and loop on the hook).
- sc – single crochet (Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through two loops).
- hdc – half double crochet (Yarn over. Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through stitch. Yarn over pull through three stitches).
- dc – double crochet (Yarn over. Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through stitch. Yarn over pull through two loops. Yarn over pull through two loops).
- fpdc2tog - join next two sts with front post double crochet.
- fpdc – front post double crochet.
- Lacy Shell Stitch – (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) all in the same stitch ( ch space).
- P – picot stitch
- In (2, 3) rounds always begin your rounds in the same stitch as your chain.
- If the number is written before the stitch (2hdc) work 2hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch (hdc 2) work hdc into next 2 stitches.
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2hdc, hdc1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 hdc sts into the same st. 1 hdc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional stitches by doing that.
- At the end of each round/row please count how many sts do you have at the end of that round/row.
- These booties will fit 0-3 months, But you can make it in any size by changing your hook size. For example: in my pattern, I chose 3.5 mm hook with (4) medium yarn but you can work with 3mm hook with the same yarn if you want a smaller size. This means when you work with a small hook size, the bootie will be smaller.
- Get the ad-free, large print, printable PDF pattern from Etsy HERE.
- PIN this pattern to your Pinterest boards for later HERE.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry queue HERE.
Princess Sara Crochet Baby booties
THE GAUGE: Work 20 chain stitches and 26 rows in Sc using a 4 mm crochet hook with a medium yarn (4) to measure 10 x 10 cm (4′ x 4′).
We will start with the baby sole.
Begin with a slip knot and Ch 11,
Round 1: sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc into next 5, hdc into next 3 sts, make 5 hdc in the last chain. Turn your work to stitch in another side of foundation Ch, hdc in next 3 sts, sc in the next 5 sts, 3sc into the last st, sl st to join.(25)sts.
Round 2: ch 1, sc in the next 7 sts, hdc in the next 2 sts, make 2 hdc into next 5 sts, hdc in the next 2 sts, sc in the next 6 sts, 2 sc into last 3 sts, sl st to join.(33) sts.
Round 3: ch 2, hdc in the next 8 sts. Now repeat (2hdc, hdc1) six times, hdc in the next 7 sts. Now repeat (2hdc, hdc1) 3 times, sl st
Note : In this part, we will join the round with sl st in the third chain that we made.
Round 4: ch 3, dc in the next 6 sts, skip one st. Now repeat (dc 7, skip 1st) 4 times, skip one st, dc in the last 3 sts, sl st in to join (38) sts.
Round 5: now insert the hook behind the 3ch and make sl st. Ch 3, fpdc in the next 7 sts. Now repeat ( fpdc2tog)10 times, fpdc in the next 10 sts, join the round with sl st. (27) sts.
Round 6: now insert the hook behind the 3 ch and make sl st, ch 3, fpdc in the next 7 sts. Now repeat (fpdc2tog) 5 times, fpdc in the next 10 sts, sl st to join. (22) sts.
With Off White Color:
Round 7: now insert the hook behind the 3ch and make sl st. Ch 3, fpdc in the next 7 sts. Now repeat (fpdc2tog) 3 times, fpdc in the next 9 sts, join the round with sl st.(19) sts.
With Red Color:
Round 8: Ch 3, Skip 1 st, Shell st in next, Skip 2 sts, Shell in next, now repeat (skip 2 sts, Shell st in next) around, sl st in the 3rd ch. (6 shells)
With Off White Color:
Round 9: Ch 3, Shell st in next each shell space, sl st in the 3rd ch. (6 shells)
With Red Color:
Round 10: Ch 3, Shell st in next each shell space, sl st in the 3rd ch. (6 shells)
With Off White Color:
Round 11: Ch 1, sc in the same st, sc in next st, Picot st, sc in next 2 sts, Picot st, now repeat (sc in next 2 sts, Picot st) around, sl st in the first st. (25 sc) (12 picots sts)
Now insert the hook between the sole and the upper as you see in the picture, then pull the yarn (Off White color) and ch 1, now sc around the sole, sl st in the first st to join.
Are you going to make these cute crochet baby booties? If yes, I can’t wait to see your completed piece. It would be awesome if you could take a picture and share it with me on Pinterest or Facebook. Just tag me #soukainacollections.
If you’d like to get a sneak peak at my latest crochet designs, Follow me on Pinterest @soukainacollections, Facebook or Instagram. You can also register to my newsletter and you’ll be notified of when I release a new pattern.
And if you’d like to print this crochet baby shoe pattern, just head over the ad-free, printable PDF on Etsy Here.
If you want to purchase the ad-free PDF for the complete outfit: the baby dress, hat, headband, and booties, it’s Here.