Hello everyone! Today I’m going to show you how to make a crochet baby hat for beginners in just one hour.
Don’t worry, it’s super easy to do. I made this pattern for 6-9 months. I also added to this hat a beautiful flower with six petals, you can see the tutorial Here.
Skill level: Easy
Sizes: 6-9 months
Materials / Supplies:
- crochet hook size: 3.5mm (E/9) Click Here
- yarn: wool or cotton in any colour(140g). (I used wool yarn Alize ŞEKERİM BEBE, 100% Acrylic / 100 g – 320 m, color Candy Pink and White).
- stitch markers Click Here!
- Scissors Click Here!
- Yarn Needle Click Here!
- Tape measure Click Here!
- 1 bow / flower. (you can see the tutorial Here).
- ch= chain.
- sl st=slip stitch (Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over and pull through both the stitch and loop on the hook).
- sc=single crochet (Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through two loops).
- dc=double crochet (Yarn over. Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through stitch. Yarn over pull through two loops. Yarn over pull through two loops).
- trc= treble crochet.
- v= V stitch (dc, ch 1, dc) in the same sts.
-Chain 3 doesn’t count as a stitch, and the first stitch should be worked into the next stitch.
-We always join rounds with sl st in the 3rd chain.
-If the number is written before the stitch (2dc) work 2hdc into the same stitch.
-If the number is written after the stitch (dc 2) work hdc into next 2 stitches.
-Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2dc, dc1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 dc sts into the same st. 1 Dc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional stitches by doing that.
-Make sure you check your gauge via the measurements above to be sure your hat fits the child you’re making it for perfectly.
-In rounds (2-5) we always finish with 2 dc at the end.
- Get the ad-free, large print, printable PDF pattern from Etsy HERE.
- PIN this pattern to your Pinterest boards for later HERE.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry queue HERE.
Crochet baby hat pattern:
1-5 rounds(Flat circle)= 6.½ in/13 cm.
Hat Height=15/16cm (7.½ /8 in).
Note: 7-12 rounds we will change the colour on each round (one round pink, one round white).
Make magic ring, ch 3, 12 dc in magic ring, sl st to ch 3 to join.
Round 2: ch 3, 2 dc in next 12 sts, sl st to join.(24) sts.
Round 3: ch 3, (dc 1, 2 dc) rep around, sl st to join.(36) sts.
Round 4: ch 3, dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next, rep around, sl st to join.(48) sts.
Round 5: ch 3, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next, rep around, sl st to join.(60) sts.
Round 6: ch 3, sk 1 st, make v stitch (dc, ch 1, dc) all in the same st, sk 1 st, dc in the next st, sk 1 st, v stitch, rep around, sl st to join.
Rounds 7-12: ch 3, v stitch in the space, dc in the next dc, v st in the space, now rep, work 1 v st in each v st around, work 1 dc in each dc, sl st to join.(15) v (15) dc.
Round 13: ch 1, sc into each sts, sl st to join.(60) sts.
Fasten off, and weave the end.
That’s it. I hope you will enjoy your crochet baby hat pattern.
I will share new tutorials almost every week!
Thank you so much for trying my pattern ( crochet baby hat pattern).
Happy crocheting )