I’m so happy to share with you the Lacy Crochet Baby Hat with flowers for cute baby girls…
I made it with love, like my other hats for babies and toddlers, and the truth is that I didn’t expect it to become one of my best performers (many sales, lots of views and favorites)…
Note: This post contains affiliate links that support my blog.
But now, when I look at it, I find it so cute, isn’t it? I’m even thinking about designing a new matching dress and booties.
You can continue and read the free pattern right on the blog, or you can get the inexpensive ad-free Printable PDF on Etsy.
You can make this crochet baby hat in any size, just follow the pattern and make your own beautiful baby girl hat.
I did this hat for a newborn with the shell stitch in just 30 minutes. It’s pretty easy to follow and I recommend it for beginners. You can crochet a bunch of these in an afternoon and make super cute gifts all day long!
You can play with the hat’s colors or with the flower colors, it’s up to you. Possibilities are endless here…
Save it to Pinterest!
If you decide to try it, I’d really love to see your finished crocheted hat. I like to see the color variations, sometimes I do a hat, then someone tries it with a new color or a new twist, and that gives me ideas and inspiration for the next one!
Alright, let’s get started now…
Skill level: Easy/Medium/Beginners
Sizes: 0-3 months
Can I make this baby hat in any size?
Yes, you can crochet this beanie hat for all sizes easily, with any hook or yarn.
Just follow the two simple steps below:
- First, make a crochet circle (the flat circle) by making rounds until you reach the right size of the hat crown. For example: I made 5 rounds = 12 cm/ 4.7 inch for baby size 0-3 months.
- Then, follow the pattern and make rounds until you reach the right size of hat height. For example: the hat height for baby 0-3 months is 11.5 to 15.5 cm, right? I made 6 to 10 rounds = 14 cm/ 5.5 inch.
Hat Sizing Measurements:
Materials / Supplies:
You will need :
- Crochet hook size: 3.50 mm.
- Yarn: wool or cotton in any color (30g). (I used wool yarn Alize Sekerim BEBE (100 g, 3.53 0z, 320 mt, 350 yds).
- 1 ball of pink color (15g)
- 1 ball of violet color (15g)
- Stitch markers.
- Yarn Needle.
- Tape measure.
- 1 bow / flower. (you can see the tutorial Here).
- sl st=slip stitch
- sc=single crochet (Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through two loops).
- dc=double crochet (Yarn over. Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over pull through stitch. Yarn over pull through two loops. Yarn over pull through two loops).
- Shell stitch.
- Chain 2 doesn’t count as a stitch, and the first stitch should be worked into the same stitch.
- We always join rounds with sl st in the first stitch.
- If the number is written before the stitch (2dc) work 2hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch (dc 2) work hdc into the next 2 stitches.
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For example: Repeat (2dc, dc1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 dc sts into the same st. 1 Dc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional stitches by doing that.
- Make sure you check your gauge via the measurements table above to be sure your hat fits the child you’re making it for perfectly.
- Get the ad-free, large print, printable PDF pattern from Etsy HERE.
- PIN this pattern to your Pinterest boards for later HERE.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry queue HERE.
Lacy Crochet Baby Girl Hat (0-3 months):
24 stitches and 30 rows = 10cm / 4” x 4”
1-5 rounds (Flat circle)= 4.7 inch / 12 cm.
Hat Height = 14 cm (5.5 in).
Note: In the last round we will change the color into pink. Make a magic ring, ch 2, 12 dc in magic ring, sl st in the first st to join.
Round 2: ch 2, 2 dc in the same st, 2 dc in next 11 sts, sl st to join.(24) sts.
Round 3: ch 2, dc in the same st, 2 dc in next, (dc 1, 2 dc) rep around, sl st to join.(36) sts.
Round 4: ch 2, dc in the same st, dc in next, 2 dc in next, (dc 1, dc 1, 2 dc) rep around, sl st to join.(48) sts.
Round 5: ch 2, dc in the same st, dc in next, dc in next, 2 dc in next, (dc 1, dc 1, dc 1, 2 dc) rep around, sl st to join. (60) sts.
Round 6: ch 1, sc in the same stitch, sk 2 sts, now make (5 dc) in the same st, now rep (sk 2 sts, sc in next, sk 2 sts, 5 dc in next) around, sl st to join.(10 shells)
Round 7: ch 1, 5 dc in the same st, sk 2 st, sc into the next dc st ( you should work into the center stitch in the grouping of shell stitches in the round below), sk 2 sts, work a group of five double crochets (another shell) into the next stitch, now rep (sk 2 sts, sc into the middle of the next shell, sk 2 sts, work a group of 5 dc sts into the next stitch), sl st in the first dc, sl st in next.(10 shells).
Round 8: ch 1, sc in the next, sk 2 sts, 5 dc in the next st, now rep (sk 2 sts, sc into the middle of the next shell, sk 2 sts, work a group of 5 dc sts into the next stitch), sl st on the first st.(10 shells).
Now rep rounds 7 – 8
Round 9 = Round 7
Now change the color and rep.
Round 10 = Round 8
Thank you for trying my pattern.
I’m so happy when you share your finished design on Ravelry or, just tag me #soukainacollections on Pinterest.
If you enjoyed this design and don’t want to miss my next baby hat, follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. And don’t forget to PIN this lovely crochet baby hat to your Pinterest board.
Thank you for your support.
Happy crocheting ))